To fill out your invoice:
- Start typing your customer name and either select an existing one from the dropdown or click “Add New”.
You have the option here to pull in Time and Materials from a Job or build an invoice from a Quote.
- The Pricing Level - A Pricing Level refers to your pricing structure or tier. You may have certain types of activities that you price differently - such as evening work, weekend work, or for premium customers. You can set up these levels in Settings - see here.
- The Invoice Date - this defaults to today's date
- Due Date for the invoice
- Whether the invoice shows tax as inclusive,exclusive or no tax. Set up the default for how this shows in your Settings for Tax and your Invoice Document Theme.
You also have the option to add:
- A reference: A customer reference or Order Number
You can control if either or both of these show for the Customer or just for you in your Document Themes.
8. Add Line Items: Scroll down to enter the detail of the invoice in line items. Choose the type of line item to add:
(1) Miscellaneous: Enter information directly inline. Use this for a quick description of a service or for one-off items you don’t want to add to your price list.
(2) Time: Enter units of time for your labour, such as quantity of hours, and select a billing rate (unit cost and unit sell price) from previously set up rates.
(3) Price list item: Search for and add an item from previously entered price lists.
(4) Choose the menu available next to the item options to add new price list items, to browse the Price list, or to add a New Billing Rate. (4). See Settings for more information on how to do this
- Change Item Layout: Once you have added your line items:
- Hover to the left of any item and click on the three dots that appear to drag and drop line items to change their order.
- Click the x on the right of a line item to delete it.
- To change which columns show on the screen, select the columns you want on the drop down. These will not change what shows on the invoice to the customer, only what you see when entering information.
9. Finalise Invoice
- Accept credit card payments by connecting to “Stripe”, our credit card provider. This will often speed up collecting payments and automate reconciliation of payments and invoices. See Using Stripe Credit Card Payments
- Automated Reminders: You can enable automated payment reminders to be sent to your client by email or text, to speed up payment. Reminders will be sent:
- 8 days after the invoice was sent,
- 3 days before the due date,
- On the due date
- 3 days after the due date, and
- 7 days after the due date
You can edit the invoice reminder message under Invoice Settings.
- Add any Invoice-specific Terms and Payment information: Terms and payment information will pull through from your document theme, but you can adjust them for a specific invoice. You can edit the default terms message under Document Theme Settings.
- Payments received: Payments will show up here automatically if you use the Tradify stripe credit card payments, or they can be added manually if you are reconciling your bank account directly with Tradify.
- Add Notes, including attachments: Add written notes to your invoices for your own reference - these will not show on the invoice to the customer. This is also where you upload files or pictures, as attachments to notes. When the invoice is sent, you have the option to attach these attachments to the email.
- Preview and Finalise Layout: Now your invoice is ready for a final check. You can head up to the top, and click “Options” and “Print to PDF” if you want to download the invoice. But the easiest way is to click the preview tab. Your invoice layout is editable, including adding your company logo, colors and Terms and Conditions. This can be customised through Document Themes either here or in Settings. See the Settings training for more information on how to do this.
10. Save and Approve:
- Save & Continue at any time to keep working on the invoice.
- Save & Exit to head back to the Invoices dashboard and finish the invoice later. Your invoice will be saved as Draft.
- Or Approve the invoice, if you are ready to send it to the customer. You will be able to choose whether or not to send it to the customer as part of the Approval process. Note once an invoice has been approved it cannot be altered!
11. Send to Accounting System: If you have Xero, Quickbooks, Sage, or MYOB you will be able to send this Invoice to your integrated accounting system.
- Invoice Fields
- Create a New Customer
- Set up and configure Sites
- Pricing Levels
- Document Themes.
- Attaching Files