Need to create a do & charge invoice? In Tradify we call this a Time and Materials invoice.
If you're not invoicing from a quote, this is one of the quickest ways to send an invoice directly from your tracked time + material costs added on the job.
What's included on the invoice?
A Time and Materials invoice pulls in your Job Description, as well as un-invoiced Time & Costs.
From your Time tab - un-invoiced timesheets (showing as red)
From your Costs tab - un-invoiced items/materials (costs with a red dot next to them)
Once you've got time and costs added, you're ready to quickly create an invoice!
- Inside your Job, head to the Invoices tab, and click New Invoice
- Select Time & Materials From Job
- Only use the cut-off date toggle if you want to exclude some time and materials on the invoice. e.g. if you're creating a progress invoice, and you want to include only time and costs added before 31 May, but not after the cut-off date.
- If you want to summarise all your materials into a single invoice line called Materials, toggle on the second toggle.
- Click OK to generate your draft invoice
- Make any edits you like, and click on the Preview tab to check how it will look for your customer.
- Click Approve to finalise the invoice
- Click on the paper plane icon to send your invoice to your customer via email or text message.