Understand Tradify more with this glossary that defines common features and shows how they work.
This glossary will be updated as we add more features, so stay tuned!
Job management software designed to help tradespeople work smarter.
A Tradify feature that measures work done for selected customers. Jobs are separated by customer and include all other Tradify features including (but not limited to): Invoices, Quotes, Enquiries, Kits and Staff.
A summary of work completed on a Job, such as:
- completed tasks
- any additional photos and notes.
Where your Tradify Job is currently situated within the Tradify Job process. There are eight default statuses in Tradify but you can make your own to suit your needs.
Automatic Job status
These statuses are triggered when the Job has certain characteristics. The four automatic job statuses are:
- Unassigned: the default status assigned to new Jobs.
- Assigned: automatically assigned when a Job is assigned to a staff member.
- Scheduled: automatically assigned when an appointment is scheduled on a Job.
- In Progress: automatically assigned when a user starts the timer.
Manual Job status
You add these statuses to a job where you feel fits best. The manual statuses that you can use are:
- Complete: manually select this when the work has been completed on a Job and it has been fully invoiced. Jobs with this status are suppressed from the Active Jobs list.
- Cancelled: manually assign this status to a Job when it is no longer needed or the work has been cancelled. Jobs with this status are suppressed from the Active Jobs list.
- To Invoice: manually assign this to a Job when it is ready to be invoiced.
- On Hold: manually assign this to a Job when it is needing to be paused.
Specific and billable actions that need to be completed on a Job.
A feature designed for sub-contractors to access a Job in Tradify.
In some regions, you will have access to forms and certificates. These are templated forms that you can fill out and sign to certify your work.
A Tradify feature that manages customer questions.
A Tradify feature that hosts a page where potential and existing customers can send you questions.
A feature in Tradify that allows you to create an estimate for the cost of a job or service.
A quick and easy way to create Quotes of similar type without the need to create them from scratch every time.
A Tradify feature that allows you to create a commercial document that you issue as a buyer, outlining types, quantities and agreed prices for products and/or services.
A list of goods and services provided, with a statement of the sum due for these. In Tradify, Invoices can be created from Jobs, or stand alone. You can also make Recurring Invoices that apply to continuous work.
An invoice that covers staff hours and items (this data can come directly from Quotes or can be added in manually).
An Invoice that is not connected to a Job or Quote.
Invoices that are automatically created on a continual basis. This is a template that recreates itself on a basis you select.
A saved format that you can apply to future Invoices.
The parts of an invoice that make up the total sum amount.
Types of line items:
- Time – Use this option to add a labour/time component to your template.
- Price List Item – Use this option to add default Price List Items to your template.
- Miscellaneous – Use this option to add stand-alone line items to your template. Miscellaneous items are typically used as one-off items that are specific to this Invoice. They won’t be saved as a default item for future use.
A bill is a sales invoice that your suppliers will issue to you. These are also known as vendor or supplier invoices.
A Tradify feature that manages planned times and days for Jobs and work to be completed.
The Tradify feature that records and uses information about the clients you do work for.
This feature allows you to add secondary contacts/locations to your customer profiles.
A feature in Tradify that allows you to record time against Jobs for your staff.
Accounting software providers that integrate with the Tradify system. We currently integrate with:
A feature where you can connect external appointments in your Google Calendar to your Tradify Account.
Tradify Connect refers to a feature that allows Tradify users to work with other Tradify users and external users (such as subcontractors). There are two aspects to Tradify Connect:
- Appointment Connect allows users to schedule appointments for their connections, and for the invitee to accept and decline these.
- Freemium provides basic access to Connect related features for free, removing the cost barrier of working together in Tradify. Freemium users can start a trial at any time with ease, and subsequently upgrade to a paid account, or continue using a free version of Tradify (an expired trial) that has access to the basic Connect features.
Need more help?
We want you to enjoy using Tradify. If you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.