Learn more about how you can schedule Jobs on Tradify's web app. If you're looking for a general overview of the Scheduler feature, check out How To Schedule an Appointment in Tradify.
Learn about scheduling Jobs on mobile by checking out How To Schedule Jobs on Tradify Mobile.
There are two methods that you can use to schedule a Job. The first is to schedule the Job via the Scheduler, and the second is to schedule the Job from within the Job itself.
When a Job is scheduled, the following occurs:
- On the day the Job is scheduled for, the Job will appear in the staff member’s Job list under Today's Jobs.
- The Job Status will automatically change to Scheduled.
- If the corresponding staff members haven't already been assigned to the Job, a notification will be sent notifying them that the Job has been assigned to them.
Note: In order to receive notifications, users must first have notifications enabled within their user preferences. For more information on configuring notifications, please see here.
Scheduling a Job via the Scheduler
Head over to the Scheduler and choose the calendar view you prefer to display.
Note: There are 5 calendar views to choose from (Month, Week, Weekdays, 3 Days, and Days). In the example provided below, we’ve selected the Week view. If you're entering an appointment using the Month view, the "Start" and "End" times won’t be seen until you click on the day you wish to make the appointment for. For more information on changing your Scheduler's "Start" and "End" times, please see here.
Using the calendar time slots, locate and click the slot you want to schedule the Job for.
Using the fields provided, enter your preferred preferences for your appointment. Once you've added the necessary details, click the Save button to create the scheduled appointment.
Please note the following:
- Date and Time - If your appointment exceeds past midnight, a secondary appointment will be created for the following day.
- Staff Members - If you select more than one staff member, an appointment will be added for each.
- Jobs - You can search for a job by typing any part of a job number, customer name, reference or address. You can also add a new Job by clicking on the + icon which is located on the right side of the job field.
You can also drag and drop your Unassigned Jobs from the left side display bar onto your scheduler.
Scheduling a Job via the Job itself
Open the relevant Job and head over to the Scheduler tab (within the Job), then select "Open Scheduler". Once the scheduler has appeared, locate and click the relevant time slot to create the appointment.
Note: Once you select the time slot, Tradify will automatically link the Job to the appointment.
Next, using the fields provided, enter your preferred preferences for your appointment. Once you've added the necessary details, click the Save button to create the scheduled appointment.
Please note the following:
Date and Time - If your appointment exceeds past midnight, a secondary appointment will be created for the following day.
Staff Members - If you select more than one staff member, an appointment will be added for each.
Copying Scheduled Appointments
If you need to make copies of an existing appointment, you can do so by opening the original appointment > click the copy icon > enter your preferred preferences for the copied appointment > then select Save.
Deleting Scheduled Appointments
To delete a scheduled appointment, simply head over to the Scheduler > locate and hover over the relevant appointment and then click the X icon.