When syncing to Xero the error Invoice not of valid status for modification may occur.
This error is caused when there is a duplicate invoice/bill number, or reference that already exists within Xero.
- Check the Reference number in Xero to see if an existing Invoice/Bill already uses this Reference number
- If so, Update the reference number in your Tradify Invoice to something unique
- Check Xero if a Bill has the same number (Check for voided bills also)
- If so, select "Copy Bill" in Tradify to create a new bill with a new number
- Check in Xero if an Invoice has the same number (Check for voided Invoices also)
- If so, Update your next number sequence to your next unique number
- Use the Copy Invoice from the Options menu to create a new invoice with a unique number
- Consider changing your Xero integration settings to use Xero numbering sequence to avoid the same issue in the future.
See this page on how to update your Xero integration settings: How To Integrate Your Tradify Account With Xero