Want to send off an invoice to your customer to take a deposit before starting a job?
You can quickly generate a deposit invoice based on,
- a percentage of a quote e.g. 20%
- a fixed amount from a quote e.g. $500
- or just some line items from your quote, e.g. materials first
- When invoicing, select From Quote from within your Job (you can also do this directly when starting a new invoice from a quote)
- Then select what you would like to base the invoice off: line items, percentage or fixed amount
For Percentage Deposits, Choose Percentage of Quote, add the Quote, and the % of the initial invoice e.g. 20%.
Check out this article for more information on Invoicing a Percentage of a Quote
For Fixed Amount Deposits, Choose Fixed Amount, add the Quote, and the fixed of the initial invoice e.g. 1,000.
Check out this article for more information on Invoicing a Fixed Amount of a Quote
For Deposits of only some Line Items, Choose Line items in quote, add the Quote,
and then Select line items in quote.
Check out this article for more information on Invoicing Line Items from a Quote
Want more clarity for your customer that the invoice is for a deposit for the job?
Try creating a custom Email Template or a new Document Theme if you have special terms you would like to share with your customer, or if you would like to give the invoice a unique title or heading e.g. Deposit Invoice.
Custom Email Template:
Custom Document Theme: