Learn more about invoicing a fixed amount of a Quote on Tradify's web app.
If you need to invoice a standard amount from a quote, this feature will effectively allow you to do this without having to alter any individual line items. This can also be useful in building deposit invoices and also for billing based on a schedule (if you have predetermined amounts agreed with your customer).
How to Invoice a Fixed Amount of a Quote
Within the relevant quote:
- Select Approve.
- Select Accept.
- Select Copy to Invoice.
- Using the drop-down menu, set the Invoice Type to Fixed Amount.
- Select Create draft invoice.
- Fill out the Invoice as needed.
- Select either Approve or Save Draft.
Note: A new pop-up window will appear.
Once you've set the Invoice Type, the following fields will be made visible:
- Quote - This will automatically be set to the corresponding quote.
- Invoice Amount - Choose the amount you wish invoice.
Note: For the purpose of this walkthrough, we've set the invoice amount to $100.00.
Note: Tradify will now pre-populate the following fields on the invoice based on the information supplied on the Quote:
- Pricing Level
- Document Theme
- Invoice Date
- Due Date - based on your Customer settings.
Note: Tradify will create a line item for the fixed amount. The description will state the amount and the corresponding quote.
To create another invoice for the quote, simply reopen the quote and follow the same process.
Note: When you reopen the Quote, Tradify will display all linked invoices within the cost breakdown (as shown below).
Learn how to invoice for a fixed amount of a Tradify Quote on the mobile app.
It's easy to create an Invoice only covering a certain amount of work completed. On mobile, this follows a similar process to the web app but looks different.
How to Invoice a Fixed Amount of a Tradify Quote on Mobile
- Go to an Accepted Quote (for more steps on Accepting a Quote, visit Approving, Accepting and Revising Quotes on Tradify Web and Mobile).
- Select the ... button in the upper-right corner.
- Select Create Invoice from Quote.
- Select Fixed Amount.
- Fill out the Fixed Amount you'd like to invoice.
- Fill out the Invoice as necessary.
- Select Save or Approve.