Using a percentage invoicing method can be very useful if you want to create deposits based on a percentage, or have a set schedule of billing to uphold with your customer that is based on a percentage of the completed work.
Note: If you've used quote options, any declined options will not carry through to an invoice. For more information on quote options, check out How To Create a Quote With Options in Tradify Web.
Invoicing a percentage of a Quote
- Within your quote, select Approve.
- Select Accept.
- Once you have an Accepted quote, select Copy to Invoice (this will be a blue button in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen).
- Using the drop-down menu, set the invoice Type to Percentage of Quote.
- Enter the percentage you'd like to invoice. A total is displayed.
- Select Create Draft Invoice.
- When you're happy, save or approve the invoice.
Once you set the Invoice Type, certain fields become visible. These include:
- Select Quote: This field is automatically set to the corresponding quote.
- Percentage of Quote: Choose the percentage to base the invoice off (we will use 10% in this walkthrough).
- Group quote line items into a single line item on the invoice: This setting is enabled by default and groups all line items into a single line item on the invoice. A reference to the linkage between the progress invoice and the quote is added to the line item description, and the percentage is applied to the quantity of each line item for accurate inventory tracking. If you choose not to group, the descriptions will remain unchanged.
- Group quote sections into a single line item on the invoice: This option groups only quote sections into single line items on the invoice.
- Group kits into a single line item on the invoice: This option groups only kits into single line items on the invoice.
Additionally, Tradify pre-populates certain fields on the invoice based on the information supplied on the quote, including:
Due Date - based on your customer settings.
If you would like to create another percentage-based invoice, simply reopen the quote and follow the same process.
When you reopen the quote, Tradify will display all linked invoices within the cost breakdown.
Important Note: If you make any amendments to the invoice after it's been created, these amendments will not show through on the quote.