The following information is also covered in Job Settings.
Job statuses provide a way for you to manage the progress of your Jobs. By default, Tradify is set up with eight system generated statuses, but you also have the ability to create your own statuses from scratch.
Of the eight system generated statuses, four are coded with triggers that activate when the Job meets the criteria listed below.
- Unassigned - Is the default status assigned to new Jobs.
- Assigned - Is automatically assigned when a Job is assigned to a staff member.
- Scheduled - Is automatically assigned when an appointment is scheduled on a Job.
- In Progress - Is automatically assigned when a user starts the timer, add's material costs or creates a timesheet entry on a Job.
The other four can be used on a manual basis.
- Complete - Status to manually select when the work has been completed on a Job and it has been fully invoiced. Jobs with this status are suppressed from the Active Jobs list.
- Cancelled - Status to manually assign to a Job when it is no longer needed or the work has been cancelled. Jobs with this status are suppressed from the Active Jobs list.
- To Invoice - Status to manually assign to a Job when it is ready to be invoiced.
- On Hold - Status to manually assign to a Job when it is needing to be paused.
Note: Only the To Invoice and On Hold statuses can be amended or deleted. Due to the other 6 having bearing on the system, they cannot be changed.
Creating new Job Statuses
To create your own Job Status, head over to Settings, click on Jobs and then select the Job Statuses tab. Next, click on "New" and then choose "New Job Status". The following fields will then be available to edit:
Display Name - Use this field to give your status a display name.
Highlight Colour - Assign a colour to your status by clicking on the available options. The assigned colour will be displayed on the Job when it's set to this status.
Show Jobs with this active status in Jobs - Enable this option if you want Jobs that are assigned to this status to be considered 'active". If disabled, Jobs assigned to this status will not show in your active search list.
Deleting existing Job Statuses
To delete a Job Status, head over to Settings, click on Jobs and then select the Job Statuses tab. Next, click the X icon on the right-hand side of the status you wish to delete.
Note: Of the eight system generated statues, only the To Invoice and On Hold statuses can be deleted. Due to the other 6 having bearing on the system, they cannot be changed.