Invoicing from Tasks is a great option if you're only looking to invoice some of your job costs.
When you're creating a Time & Materials invoice you've got 2 helpful options if you don't want to invoice all costs on the job.
- Invoice with a cut-off date, e.g. if you want to invoice time + costs before 30 September
- Invoice specific tasks - you can assign selected timesheets + costs to a task, e.g. kitchen or stage one, and choose to invoice one or more tasks.
- Inside your job, and create a task if you haven't already. Click New Task
- Assign your selected Timesheet/s or Cost/s to the Task by selecting it from the dropdown. Check out this article for more information on adding Time and Costs to Tasks
- Inside your job, head to the Invoices tab, and click New Invoice
- Choose Time & Materials from Job, then select the specific Task/s you're ready to invoice
- After the invoice is generated, only the costs allocated to your selected task/s will change to green = invoiced, the other costs on the job will remain as red = still to invoice.
Tasks are a great way to track variations on a job, by assigning variations of work to a specific task. Check out Manage Variations on a Job for more information.
Haven't created a Time & Materials invoices in Tradify before? Check out How to Create a Time & Materials Invoice.