Automatically create Invoices on a schedule for repeated/ regular work. These periodic invoices are useful for repeat or cyclical billing.
To create a recurring invoice:
- Head to your Invoice Dashboard.
- Select New Recurring Invoice.
Once in the Recurring Invoice screen, you'll be presented with a list of configuration options and text fields:
A. Frequency Options:
Note: If the date you specify does not occur in a given month, the last day of the month is used instead. As an example, February doesn't have the 29th, 30th, 31st, so instead it'll be set to the 28th.
- Daily - This setting allows the invoice to be created on a daily basis (according to the number of days entered in the following "Every" field).
- Weekly - This setting allows the invoice to be created on a weekly basis (according to the number of weeks entered in the following "Every" field).
- Monthly - day of the month - This setting allows the invoice to be created on a monthly basis, based on the date in a month (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc).
- Monthly - day of the week - This setting allows the invoice to be created on a monthly basis, based on the day of the week (i.e. Mon, Tues, Wed, etc).
B. Next Occurrence - This indicates when the next invoice will be created.
C. Stop Date - This allows for a stop date to be specified. Once you reach this date, the recurring invoice will stop being generated.
Once you've configured the presets, you'll want to add your labour and material components. These costs will appear on every invoice created from this recurring invoice template.
Note: This will NOT automatically send the invoice - it will be generated and you will need to go in and Approve and Send.