Today we will learn how to delete an invoice and what scenarios we should do this in.
1. First, Deleting an invoice is only something we advise if you are not connected to an accounting software, and need to complete remove a new/recent invoice. This is because if you delete an invoice when connect to an accounting software it may create errors in the number sequence in Tradify. in this case we recommend canceling an invoice instead.
2. Invoice numbers that are deleted will be used again by the Tradify system.
3. You cannot delete a paid invoice, you would have to remove any payment first. (See the end for more on this)
To get started;
- Head to Invoices > Select the invoice you want to delete
- Select Options > Reset to Draft
- Select Options > Delete Invoice OR click the bin Icon to the right of options.
- Select Yes to confirm
For more info on invoices see here: How To Reset an Invoice to Unpaid