Tradify does not currently support credit facilities, as credit notes need to be allocated to an invoice, which is better handled by an accounting system. However, if you need to remove a cost from a job, you can simply delete it from the Costs tab on the job.
If you need to show a credit amount on an invoice for your customer, you can use a Miscellaneous cost with a negative unit price. Please note that this will not appear as a credit note in your accounting system. Also, ensure that the invoice total is still greater than zero after adding the negative cost.
To use a negative unit price for a Miscellaneous item, follow these steps:
- Create a new invoice or open an existing one.
- Add a new line item to the invoice and select Miscellaneous from the drop-down menu.
- In the Unit Price field, enter the credit amount as a negative value (e.g. -100).
- Enter a description for the item (e.g. "Credit note for damaged goods").
- Click Save to add the item to the invoice.
The screenshot below shows an example of using a negative unit price for a "Miscellaneous" item:
Please note that while this method can be useful for showing a credit amount on an invoice, it does not create a credit note in your accounting system. If you require a credit note, it's best to handle this in your accounting system.