The Templated Quotes feature gives you a quick and easy way to create Quotes of similar type without the need to create them from scratch every time.
A templated quote can hold key information like the description, labour and items, as well as:
- Price List Items - Allows you to include commonly used items.
- Kits - Allows you to include bundles.
- Miscellaneous Items - You can also include any other item you want that you regularly charge for.
- Sections - Great for breaking down your work.
- Document attachments - Useful for attachment Terms and Conditions or other documents you always need for the job.
Note: When you create a quote from a template, the amounts on the quote will update to match whatever pricing level and tax you are using for that quote and customer.
How to create a new Quote Template from scratch
To create a new Quote template from scratch, head over to Quotes > New Quote Template.
Within the "Quote Template Name" field, provide a name which makes the template easy to identify.
Note: Quote Template names must be unique.
Once you've given your Template a name and clicked "OK", the following fields become available to edit.
Description - Use to input a description for the Template. The Description field will be populated over to the "Quote description" exactly as it's formatted within the template.
Add Line Item - To add labour or material line items to the Template, click the "Add Line Item" button.
The following four options are presented when adding a line item:
- Time – Use this tab to add a Labour component to your Template.
- Price List Item – Use this tab to add Price List Items to your Template. For more information on creating Price List Items, please see here.
Note: If you'd like to create a new Price List Item within the Template, click the + icon (right hand side of Item Code search field).
- Kit – Use this tab to add Kits to your Template. Kits are pre-assembled items which could be made up of labour, materials and other miscellaneous costs. For more information on setting up and configuring Kits, please see here.
- Miscellaneous – Use this tab to add stand-alone items to your Template. Miscellaneous items are typically used as one-off items that are specific to this quote and/or Job. They won’t be saved as a default item for future use.
Notes - For more information on adding notes and attachments, please see here.
Once you’ve added all the necessary details to your template, click the "Save" button to create your template.
Turn an existing Quote into a Template
Tradify also has the ability to turn existing Quotes into Templates. This may be useful if you’ve previously created a Quote which is likely to be re-used again in future for similar types of work.
Important Note: Notes & attachments can't be carried over from an existing Quote to the Template. These will need to be re-applied to the Template once it's been created. All other details will be copied over.
Head over to Quotes and open the relevant Quote. Then select the Options tab, followed by "Copy Quote to Template".
Provide a name for your new Quote Template and select "OK".
Note: Tradify won’t be able to create the Template unless it’s given a unique name.
Note: Tradify will now take you to the Template. If you’d like to add extra details to the Template, feel free to do so now.
Once you’ve added all the necessary details to your Template, click the "Save" button.