Understand how to use your own web domain in Tradify's Instant Website feature.
Also known as a ‘Domain Name’ is a website address that people will type in to visit your website. The domain names are what appear in the address bar of your web browser and will be linked to a specific address.
Having your own domain is great to set your brand apart and make it easier for people to find you online!
For example - ‘www.tradifyhq.com’ would be the domain name for Tradify’s homepage.
Getting your own domain
To get your own Domain, you would need to register a domain name from a Domain Provider. When registering you would typically purchase a domain name on a subscription basis with a domain provider.
Domain providers are also known as ‘Domain Registrars’ or ‘Domain host’. Common ones would include ‘Google domain’, ‘GoDaddy’ and ‘Hover’.
Submitting your domain in Tradify
- In your Website Settings, select the Use your own domain name hyperlink.
- You'll be redirected to a form, where you'll select an answer from the drop-down menu.
- If you have your own domain, select Yes and you'll be asked to fill in the relevant information.
- When you have entered in all the necessary details, select Submit.
What happens next?
You'll receive an email from Tradify outlining the following:
Someone from support will contact you within 3 business days to help you get it connected.
- We configure your website so that it can connect to your domain.
- Support helps you update your domain settings so they point to your website.
- That's it! Your website is live and can now be visited using your own domain.