When in a quote, all you'll need to do is:
- Select the Add Line Item button (within the relevant quote).
- Select the Time option in the menu.
- Within the fields provided, enter all of the required information.
- Select Save.
What adding Time/Labour looks like on Tradify Mobile
Understanding What Each Field Means
- Billing Rate – The hourly rate at which the time is to be charged out at. You can find out more about billing rates here.
- Description – A description of the Time/Labour. This defaults to the billing rate’s display name, however, you can enter details of what the labour will cover. Descriptions are limited to 200 characters.
- Quantity – The number of hours to charge for this Time/Labour component.
- Unit Cost – The cost per hour to use for this Time/Labour component. This defaults to the billing rate "hourly cost" which is used purely for estimating since it is unknown at the time of Quoting which field worker will be carrying out the work.
- Note: The actual labour cost will come from the Staff Member/User who records their time on the Job.
- Unit Sell Price – The hourly rate to charge the customer for this Time/Labour component. This defaults to the Billing Rate's hourly charge out rate.
- Discount % - Use this field to provide a percentage discount to this Time/Labour component.
- Gross Profit - Tradify will automatically calculate the gross profit for you. If you have tax associated to the time component, this will be included in gross profit amount.
- Amount - Tradify will automatically calculate the amount total for you as well. This is based off your quantity multiplied by your unit sell price.
- Tax Rate - Select the tax rate that applies to this time/labour component. If left blank, Tradify will assign the default tax rate. For more details on tax rates, please see here.
- Section – Sections provide a way to break your quote up into different stages. This makes the Quote more functional for yourself and easier for your customer to read. Sections can also be copied to the Job as Tasks once the Quote has been attached or turned into a Job. To add a new Section, click the + icon within the section field. For more information on Sections, please see here.