Learn more about importing Customer profiles into Tradify through an external .CSV file.
Importing Customer lists into Tradify
To import Customers into Tradify:
- Head to your Customer tab.
- In the upper-right side, select Options
- Select Import Customer From File.
- Select your .CSV file for uploading.
- Select whether your .CSV file has a header row or not.
- Now, Start Matching your data.
- Drag and drop your selected fields (if needed).
- Select Import Customer File.
Your data will now pre-populate new Customer profiles in bulk, provided the .CSV file is formatted correctly.
What fields are mandatory?
When importing customers, you'll see the below fields. The only field that is mandatory is Customer Name.
- Customer Name
- Contact Name
- Phone Number
- Mobile Number
- Fax Number
- Email Address
- Physical Address Street
- Physical Address City
- Physical Address Region
- Physical Address Postal Code
- Physical Address Country
- Postal Address Street
- Postal Address City
- Postal Address Region
- Post Address Postal Code
- Custom Fields (there are four of these)
- Pricing Levels
- Document Theme
Exporting Google Sheets into a .CSV file
You can easily create .CSV files to import from Google Sheets.
To do so:
- Open your Google Sheet.
- Select File.
- Select Download.
- Select the Comma Separated Value (.CSV) file type.
Now, you'll be able to re-import this file into Tradify to automatically build customers.