Understand how you can create Customers in both the Web and Mobile App.
Creating Customers from the Job dashboard
You can create a customer from any Job, Quote and/or Invoice. To do so, simply click the + icon next to the customer field (as shown below).
Creating Customers in the Customer Dashboard
To create a new customer, head over to Customers > then select "New Customer".
Below is a list comprehensive list of what each field represents on the customer profile.
Important Note: Whenever a customer is added to a Job, Quote, and/or Invoice, Tradify will automatically populate the corresponding fields with the information input here. If you leave these blank, Tradify will use the company defaults (configured in your settings).
Customer Name - Name of the customer/company. This will be used on any related Job, Quote and/or Invoice.
Note: This is a mandatory field. You cannot save the customer profile without giving it a name.
- Phone - Primary phone number.
- Mobile - Primary mobile number.
- Fax - Primary fax number.
- Email Address - Primary email for the customer record. If you are not integrating with Xero you can enter multiple email addresses, separated by commas, limited to 50 characters.
- Physical Address - Use this field to enter the physical address of the customer/company.
Note: Tradify will use the Physical Address as the default address on the Job.
- Postal Address - Used this field to enter the postal address of the customer/company.
- Pricing Level - Use to determine which pricing set to charge on this Job. For more information on setting up and configuring Pricing Levels, please see here.
- Default Invoice Due Date - The date at which invoices associated with this customer will be due for payment.
- Document Theme - This represents the invoice layout theme to use when printing or emailing this invoice to a customer. You can find out more about Document Themes here.
- Tax - Select the tax rate that applies to this customer. If left blank, Tradify will assign the default tax rate. For more details on tax rates, please see here.