Learn more about notifying customers of created, edited and deleted appointments within Tradify's scheduler function.
Firstly, you will need to create a new appointment and select a job.
To create an appointment:
- Head to the Tradify Scheduler.
- Click or select your desired time to create an appointment
- Enter in your details. An appointment without a Job attached will require you to enter a description in the Notes section.
- Select Save.
You will then see the following options
- Email Appointment To Customer - Select customer Job Contact and Site Contact email addresses to send a notification via email.
- Optional Message - this goes along with the email and can be left entirely blank. Whatever you write in here will be saved for the next time you choose to notify a customer about a new appointment.
Once you've clicked Save, the appointment notification will be emailed to the contacts you had selected.
This will be recorded against the appointment for future reference. Once you have created an appointment, you cannot add or change the customer contact details. If you wish to do this simply copy the appointment and add the customer details.
If you create an appointment with multiple staff assigned, then the link to the customer notification will be created on the first staff members appointment.
To do this:
- Move an Appointment that has a customer notification linked to it to a new location on the Scheduler.
- Select an Appointment that has a customer notification linked to it. Make whatever changes to the date, time and staff assignment and hit Save.
If this appointment has had customer notifications linked to it, you will see a pop-up winder confirming the new date and time, along with customer notification options:
- Email Updated Appointment To Customer - will send appointment notifications to original recipients.
- Optional Message - this goes along with the email and can be left entirely blank. Whatever you write in here will be saved for the next time you choose to notify a customer about an updated appointment.
Notifying your staff of appointments
In Tradify, you can notify staff of upcoming appointments. These will automatically come through and notify your staff through a Tradify app notification an hour before the scheduled appointment will start.
To ensure your staff are receiving Tradify notifications, ensure their notifications are on. They'll need to:
- Go into Tradify's Settings on their device.
- Select Notifications.
- Ensure their Job Alerts settings are enabled for Push Notifications.
Your staff will receive a notification on their device notifying them of an upcoming job and the address.
What an in-app notification looks like on your mobile device.
Hit the 'X' on an appointment in the scheduler.
If this appointment had originally been sent to the customer, then you will see a pop-up window confirming the removal, along with customer notification options:
- Optional Message - this goes along with the email and can be left entirely blank. Whatever you write in here will be saved for the next time you choose to notify a customer.
Default Text For Optional Messages
New appointment email.
Updated appointment email.
Removed appointment email.