Note: This feature is only available to specific Tradify Customers. If you are interested in using this feature for NSW CCEW's, please email email@example.com to express your interest.
Introduction to Completing a NSW CCEW
The Tradify web app now allows Electricians to complete the New South Wales CCEW (Certificate of Compliance for Electrical Work). This new process will:
- Save you loads of time by pre-populating serial numbers, customer details and installer license details
- Help keep you organised by having more things in one place.
- Allow you to email the CCEW to all necessary parties; NSW Fair Trading, the customer and the meter provider.
Entering your License details in Web Settings
Let’s get started by entering your NSW Electrician license details within Tradify. Doing this will save you time entering your license details for each and every certificate.
- Go to Settings in your web app
- Click Certificates
- Enter your License Expiry Date and License number.
- Advanced: If you want, you can change the Serial Number Prefix and/or Next Sequential Number that will be generated.
- Click Save
Your license details are now stored in Tradify, saving you time on each certificate you create.
Completing a CCEW
- Click on the new Certificates tab item within a Job.
- Click on the Create CCEW Certificate button to get started.
You will see we have pre-populated the Serial Number field (we have used your license number, serial number prefix and next sequential number to create this). You can change the serial number if necessary.
You can now complete the form. You will see we have pre-populated data from the Job, Customer, Site and your Tradify staff details to speed this process up.
Previewing the CCEW
Once you have completed the necessary fields, you can preview the Certificate PDF using the grey button with the eye icon in the top right of the screen.
The information you have entered in Tradify will appear in the NSW CCEW PDF.
Sharing the CCEW with all necessary parties
- To email this PDF to all necessary parties hit the green Complete & Send button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you have free certificates left, you will be shown this modal which clarifies how many free certificates are left.
- If you have used your 10 free certificates, you will be shown this modal. This modal allows you to confirm the cost of unlocking the certificate.
- Note: The 'Draft' watermark on the certificate will now be removed. Learn more about this in the Charges section below
- You will be taken to an email view where you can control who you would like this form to be sent to.
By default we have populated the recipients with:
- The NSW Fair Trading email
- Energy provider email
- Your customer email
We have also put your email address in the Cc field to you have a record of the form in your email inbox as well.
- Click the Send button.
When you have clicked Send you will be taken back to the Certificates tab. You will now see the certificate you have just created. If necessary, you can step back into your certificate you’ve just created to make any adjustments and resend it.
Any Certificates that have been emailed will now have the status marked as 'Completed and Sent'.
Once your free trial of certificates has ended, you will start to be charged for each certificate. You are only charged once you click Complete & Send. And only those users with Subscriptions & Billing permissions have the ability to Complete & Send.
Once you click Complete & Send the watermark (the wording that appears across the certificate) will disappear, as illustrated below:
You will then be billed for any certificate charges on your monthly Tradify bill.
There are two level of permissions for certificates:
- Any Tradify users, other than No Access users, can access and create certificates on Jobs they have access to. These users can save, but not complete and send certificates.
- Only those with ‘Subscriptions & Billing’ permissions can complete & send certificates. This is because, once a certificates trial (i.e. the first 10 certificates free) has finished, there are charges for each certificate sent. These users will see a ‘Complete & Send’ button on certificates, as shown below: