Is there a way to track which materials from a Bill have been copied to a Job?
Currently, there is no indicator or flag that highlights whether a Bill has been copied to materials. However, this is something we're looking to change in a future release.
In the interim, we recommend following a specific workflow within the system so that you can manage this when there are multiple Bills on a Job.
For example, when the supplier's invoice is received, try the following:
- Copy the PO to a bill, and adjust values as required.
- Enter the Supplier's invoice # and Job # in the invoice/reference field.
- Save the Bill as a Draft.
- Go to the Job > navigate to Costs > select "New Cost" > then select "Copy Materials from Bill" > choose the bill from the drop-down menu and then move the relevant items over.
- Once this has been completed, you could optionally alter the reference of the bill by adding a prefix to indicate that it has now been copied over.
- Re-open the bill and Approve it.
Following this process will allow you to keep track of the Bills that have been copied (approved Bills) and those that haven't (draft Bills).
The prefix in the reference field will also allow you to distinguish which Bills that have been copied from those that haven't when copying the materials over to the Job.