Discover how Tradify's Billing Run feature can streamline your invoicing process. With two methods available, you can easily create bulk invoices for multiple jobs with just a few clicks. The first method allows you to create a single invoice for multiple jobs against a single customer, while the second method enables you to bulk invoice multiple jobs with each job allocated to its own individual invoice.
This guide will take you through each method and any rules or requirements you need to follow. By optimizing your invoicing process with Billing Run, you can save time and increase efficiency in managing your trade business.
Invoicing Multiple Jobs for a Customer on one Invoice
You can create a singular invoice for multiple jobs completed for one customer. Every line item is shown individually.
To bill multiple invoices for one customer:
- Go to your Invoices Dashboard.
- Select New Billing Run.
- Using the search filters provided, narrow your search to one customer. To do this, search your customer's name.
- Select the jobs you want to invoice for.
- Select Next.
- You can choose between Invoice by Customer or Invoice by Job. Select Invoice by Customer.
- By selecting this tab, you'll be presented with several options. Below is a comprehensive list of what each one relates to.
- Once you have enabled your preferred options, select Next.
Use cut-off date: Use this if you're needing to invoice for work carried out on a job up until a specific date.
Change job status to: Enable this option if you want Tradify to automatically update the Job Status of every selected job once the billing run is completed. Simply select the status you want to allocate after enabling this feature.
Job Information to Include:
If you enable any of the options below, Tradify will show the value above the jobs respective line items on the invoice.
- Job No
- Job Address
- Job Description
- Custom Fields 1-4
Note: Below is an example of how this appears.
Below is how these line items are displayed on the invoice. Each option is added as a line item, above the material costs and labour components.
Once you click Next, Tradify will create the invoice(s) and you'll be presented with a message advising the results. Click OK, and you'll now have visibility of the invoice(s) created.
Below is the final screen outlining the invoices created. You can Approve, Send to Accounting, Print, Email and Delete these invoices (represented by the icons in the upper-right corner.
To action these invoices, select the relevant invoices and then select the appropriate icon.
Invoicing Multiple Jobs on Separate Invoices
As the title suggests, this method gives you the ability to bulk invoice for each job selected in your billing run. Every material cost and labour entry will be shown on the invoice as an individual line item.
To do this:
- Head to your Invoice Dashboard.
- Select New Billing Run.
- Using the search filters, find and select your chosen jobs.
- Once you have selected your preferred jobs, select Next.
This will create different invoices for the different jobs.
- Select Next.
In the next screen, you'll be presented with two tabs - Invoice by Customer and Invoice by Job. For this method, you'll want to choose Invoice by Job.
By selecting this tab, you'll be presented with the following options.
- Use cut-off date - Use this if you're needing to invoice for work carried out on a job up until a specific date.
- Change job status to - Use this if you'd like Tradify to automatically change the Job Status of every job selected once the billing run has been completed. Once enabled, choose the status you'd like to allocate.
Once you've enabled the relevant options, click Next to compile your invoices.
Once you click Next, Tradify will create your invoice(s) and you'll be presented with a message advising the results. Select OK, and you'll now have visibility of the invoice(s) created.
This final screen offers you the ability to bulk Approve, Send to Accounting, Print, Email, & Delete your invoices. To do so, just highlight the relevant invoice(s) and select the appropriate icon.
To finalise the Billing Run process, click the Finish button.