The Quote Templates feature gives you a quick and easy way to create Quotes of similar type without the need to create them from scratch every time.
A templated quote can hold key information like the description, labour and items, as well as:
- Price List Items - Allows you to include commonly used items.
- Kits - Allows you to include bundles.
- Miscellaneous Items - You can also include any other item you want that you regularly charge for.
- Sections - Great for breaking down your work.
- Document attachments - Useful for attachment Terms and Conditions or other documents you always need for the job.
Note: When you create a quote from a template, the amounts on the quote will update to match whatever pricing level and tax you are using for that quote and customer.
Creating a New Quote Template
To create an entirely new Quote template:
- Head over to Quotes.
- Select New Quote Template.
- Within the Quote Template Name field, provide a name that makes the template easy to identify.
Note: Quote Template names must be unique.
- Once you've given your Template a name, select OK.
The following fields now become available to edit:
- Description - Use to input a description for the Template. The Description field will be populated over to the "Quote description" exactly as it's formatted within the template.
- Add Line Item - To add labour or material line items to the Template, click the "Add Line Item" button.
Adding a Line Item in a New Quote Template
The following four options are presented when adding a line item:
- Time – Use this tab to add a Labour component to your Template.
- Price List Item – Use this tab to add Price List Items to your Template. For more information on creating Price List Items, please see here.
Note: If you'd like to create a new Price List Item within the Template, click the + icon (right hand side of Item Code search field).
- Kit – Use this tab to add Kits to your Template. Kits are pre-assembled items which could be made up of labour, materials and other miscellaneous costs. For more information on setting up and configuring Kits, please see here.
- Miscellaneous – Use this tab to add stand-alone items to your Template. Miscellaneous items are typically used as one-off items that are specific to this quote and/or Job. They won’t be saved as a default item for future use.
Notes - For more information on adding notes and attachments, please see here.
Turn an existing Quote into a Template
Tradify also has the ability to turn existing Quotes into Templates. This may be useful if you’ve previously created a Quote which is likely to be re-used again in future for similar types of work.
Important Note: Notes & attachments can't be carried over from an existing Quote to the Template. These will need to be re-applied to the Template once it's been created. All other details will be copied over.
- Head over to Quotes and open the relevant Quote.
- Select the Options tab.
- Select Copy Quote to Template.
- Provide a name for your new Quote Template.
- Select OK.
- Once you’ve added all the necessary details to your Template, select Save.
Note: Tradify won’t be able to create the Template unless it’s given a unique name.
Learn how to create a Quote Template on Tradify Mobile.
Creating a New Quote Template on Mobile
To create a Quote Template:
- Head to the Quotes Dashboard, which you'll find on the bottom navigation bar.
- Select the button to create a new Quote.
- Fill in your quote as you'd like to see it in a Quote Template.
- Select the ... button in the upper right corner.
- Select Copy To Template.
- Name your new Quote Template.
- Fill in your fields as necessary and select Save.