About The Sage Business Cloud Accounting Pilot
We are piloting Sage Business Cloud Accounting, as an early access feature for specific customers. If you are interested in getting access please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's what you currently can do in the pilot:
- Authenticate and connect Tradify with Sage Business Cloud Accounting (Standard and Plus Plans)
- Have your customers imported into Tradify.
- Send invoices from Tradify to Sage.
- Update customer details in Sage by sending an invoice.
- Work from both the Tradify web app, and latest iOS and Android apps.
Here's what you currently can not do in the pilot:
- You can't yet authenticate and connect Tradify with Sage Business Cloud Accounting (Start Plan)
- You can't yet have suppliers or price list items imported.
- You can't yet set send invoices with price list items (they will be sent as miscellaneous instead).
- You can't yet set send payments from Tradify to Sage
- You can't yet handle CIS deductions in Tradify or send to Sage.
Integrating with Sage Business Cloud Accounting
Head over to Settings and select "Integrations", then click on "Sage".
Select "Login to Sage".
Note: You’ll now be redirected to Sage and asked to log in and authorise Tradify.
To authorise Tradify, simply log in to your Sage account by using your Sage login credentials.
Note: If you're already logged into Sage, it will automatically skip this step.
Click on "Allow".
Note: This will finalise the authorisation process.
Once authorised, you will automatically be redirected back to the integrations page in Tradify. You'll also notice four new account fields and five presets are available to edit. The account fields are mandatory and need to be mapped in order to post Invoices to Sage.
Using the dropdown fields, select the appropriate account codes for Sales of Labour Account, Sales of Materials Account, your Bank Account and Purchases Account - then click "Save".
The following presets are available to use at your discretion. You can enable as many or as little as you'd like.
Use Sage invoice numbering sequence. This is recommended if you plan to create invoices using both Tradify and Sage, as it will keep the sequence in order in both platforms.
As the name suggests, enabling this option will trigger Tradify to use Sage's invoice numbering sequences over its own. This all takes place during the stage of sending the invoice to Sage. Until that point in time, the invoice will remain with a 'draft' title in Tradify.
Send invoice description to Sage. This will create a line item using the invoice description when sending invoices to Sage.
If this option is enabled, Tradify will send the invoice description to Sage in the form of a line item. We do this as Sage doesn't have the same 'description' field as you would find on the Tradify invoice.
Importing from Sage
Once the link has been established with Sage, you can import your customers.
Important Note: You can perform the above steps at any stage to update your Customers in Tradify. However, we do recommend creating and maintaining these in Tradify directly, as they will automatically update in Sage when sending invoices and bills over.
If you have an issue that isn't covered here, get in touch with email@example.com