Learn more about how to set up mapping codes (known as 'Classes') for your Tradify and Quickbooks integration.
Important Note: As far as Tradify is concerned, there is no right or wrong way to map these accounts. It's entirely up to the end user on how they want this information sent to Quickbooks. If you are unsure at all, please contact your accountant or bookkeeper for additional advice.
Mapping codes, also known as "Classes" in QuickBooks Online (QBO), allow you to track the financial performance of specific jobs or projects separately from your overall financial data.
To set this up:
- Set Up Class Tracking in QBO: You need to set up class tracking in QBO. Read this article to get started.
- Link your Tradify account with QBO: For more information on how to do this, check out How To Integrate Tradify With QuickBooks Online.
- Assign mapping codes: Within Tradify, you'll need to assign the classes created in QBO to your integration settings, as captured below. To assign a mapping code to an account, simply select the relevant option in each account's drop-down menu.
- Select Save.
Understanding what QBO's accounts mean
In Tradify, you're provided with four accounts to set up:
- Sales of Labour Account: This account is used to track the income you'd earn from providing labour services to your end customers. This account tracks the revenue generated from wages and salaries. It could potentially include income from bonuses or commissions. You need to link this to an account that tracks your staff revenue.
- Sales of Materials Account: This is the account you would use to track the revenue generated from price list items and miscellaneous items on your Tradify invoices. You need to link this to a QBO account that tracks your materials' revenue.
- Bank Account: This is where payments recorded against Tradify invoices are posted. You would need to link this to your business bank account.
- Purchases Account: This is where the purchases derived from your bills (sent to QBO) are posted. You need to link this to a Cost of Sales or Expense account in QBO.